Friday, March 17, 2006

Hell week ends

Wednesday Waldo locked Miss out of the car with it running a few minutes before opening. She'd stopped to put one of the signs back up (an almost daily happening, unbeknownst to me). I woke up to the phone ringing around 6:45AM and was out the door within a few minutes with the spare key.
Lots of pickups that day (I think I counted 23 this week) - long story short, I spent about 4 hours driving and hosted training until about 8:30PM that night - got home a little after 9PM. A very long day, started without even brushing my teeth. Especially bad on top of the stress of Monday.

Thursday was relatively easy by comparison - low headcount, good players, not so much driving, no training or players. I think I left by 7:20PM or so but had 3 drop-offs to make: Buster, Hayley (last minute), and Jack - I remember dropping Buster off last around 8:30PM. I want a Pug.

Today we had 3 volunteers which allowed erecting the new signs and precious little else. The problem with "help" is that it makes more work initially. By the time you're done investing the up-front time and you're about to reap the actual HELP, they move on. We'll see. Somewhat concerned about having customers accessing all the "behind-the-scenes" stuff, but I guess we shouldn't be looking gift horses..

Tomorrow AM starts with floor scrubbing and cleaning up for 2PM play, which will be especially annoying because we have 3 evals going and a few boarders to monitor during play. Also have two sits to do in the afternoon. Yummy.

No comments: